Frequently asked questions
1. App Feature
To start using kee
p warm, please first set a default duration (1 - 30 mins) for keep warm, please see 'setting up Keep Warm duration' FAQ section.
After saving your default keep warm duration in settings, you can toggle keep warm on and off from the home app screen by pressing the keep warm symbol (above Appkettle image). Please note - The 'Keep Warm' symbol will only appear at 60ºC and above.
Keep warm symbol is GREY
Keep warm is currently off -> for the duration (1-30mins) saved in
'Settings' -> 'General' -> 'Keep Warm' (mins)
Keep warm symbol is RED
Keep warm is currently on -> for the duration (1-30mins) saved in
'Settings' -> 'General' -> 'Keep Warm' (mins)
Simply press the symbol when visible to
toggle Keep warm ON and OFF.
(1) Whilst on the Appkettle App's main home screen (shows Appkettle)
please select a temperature (60ºC and above) by sliding your finger on the temperature bar to the left of the screen.
press the power button shown in the bottom right of the App screen, this will turn red when the Appkettle is turned on and you will feel your mobile device vibrate.
(3) To set keep warm, please refer to
'Keep Warm' FAQ section.
Appkettle has water volume shown in real-time via the free to download Appkettle app (iOS and Android).
The App volume is visible on the App home screen in ml, fl oz (can be switched in settings) and in your preferred cup size (can also be changed in settings).
To start using favourites, either (1) press the '
favourites' symbol on the Appkettle app home screen (bottom left of the app screen) or alternatively select 'Features symbol' (top left of the app screen) then -> 'Favourites' menu option.
Once on the Favourites App screen, select 'Add New' then input a 'Name', select a 'Type' of drink, set the 'Temperature' and 'Brew Timer' if you would like it on. If you are unsure what temperatures and brew timings, please press the (i) symbol and if you are still unsure please search on the internet for you desired hot beverage.
Next press the save button in the top right of the App screen.
Once your favourite is saved, simply press the toggle next to your new favourite and press the power/on button (bottom right of main app screen). Appkettle will then heat to the temperature of your favourite, after completion and if you have saved a brew timer, it will be ready to start the timer when you lift Appkettle from it's base.
Once the brew timer is complete it will notify you through the Appkettle App to your mobile devices.
The brew timer can be used with Appkettle's 'Favourites' and 'Schedule' app page and features.
Option 1 - Favourite mode + Brew Timer
Please first "Add' and 'Save' a Favourite (see FAQ article 'Favourites') and include in it the option for Brew timer (toggle and then use the slider to select between 1 - 7 mins). After saving your Favourite, select the toggle and then select the power symbol. The Appkettle will then heat to the required Favourite temperature, after completion the Brew timer will start when you lift Appkettle from it's base. You will then receive a notification on your mobile device when the brewing timer has completed.
Option 2 - Schedule mode + Brew Timer (Favourite option)
Please first "Add' and 'Save' a Favourite (see FAQ article 'Favourites') and include in it the option for Brew timer (toggle and then use the slider to select between 1 - 7 mins). After saving your Favourite, go to the 'Schedule' app page. On the schedule page, please select a time (please allow at least 5 mins before time required). Next select the 'Favourite' toggle, 'Repeat' if required and then press the save button. Your favourite complete with brew timer is now scheduled for the time you saved. After heating completion, the brew timer will start when you lift Appkettle off it's base.
Option 3 - Schedule mode + Brew Timer (Manual option)
Please first "Add' and 'Save' a Favourite (see FAQ article 'Favourites') and include in it the option for Brew timer (toggle and then use the slider to select between 1 - 7 mins). After saving your Favourite, go to the 'Schedule' app page. On the schedule page, please select a time (please allow at least 5 mins before time required). Next select the 'Manual' toggle, select your desired 'Temperature', 'Brew Timer', 'Repeat' requirements and then press the save button. Your manual drink selection complete with brew timer is now scheduled for the time you saved. After heating completion, the brew timer will start when you lift Appkettle off it's base.
To use the Appkettle scheduling feature, please first navigate in the Appkettle App to the 'Features' app page, this is located by selecting the icon in the top-right of the main Appkettle App screen. After selecting the 'Features' App page please select 'Schedule'. Within the schedule App screen you have two options to choose from:
Option 1 - Schedule mode + Brew Timer (Favourite option)
Please first "Add' and 'Save' a Favourite (see FAQ article 'Favourites'). After saving your Favourite, go to the 'Schedule' app page. On the schedule page, please select a time (please allow at least 5 mins before time required). Next select the 'Favourite' toggle, 'Repeat' if required and then press the save button. Your favourite is now scheduled for the time you saved.
Option 2 - Schedule mode + Brew Timer (Manual option)
Please first "Add' and 'Save' a Favourite (see FAQ article 'Favourites') and include in it the option for Brew timer (toggle and then use the slider to select between 1 - 7 mins). After saving your Favourite, go to the 'Schedule' app page. On the schedule page, please select a time (please allow at least 5 mins before time required). Next select the 'Manual' toggle, select your desired 'Temperature', 'Brew Timer', 'Repeat' requirements and then press the save button. Your manual drink selection is now scheduled for the time you saved.
Note: Please remember to ensure there is water in Appkettle for your schedule time, otherwise this feature will not work.
To set a reminder, please navigate in the Appkettle App to 'Features' -> 'Reminders' App page. Whilst in the 'Reminders' App page, select 'Add New' then a 'Name', 'Time' and whether to 'Repeat' the Reminder. After saving the notification will show on the mobile devices connected to your Appkettle.
To monitor and see Appkettle's energy usage in the Appkettle App, please navigate to 'Features' and then 'Energy' App page. Within this App page to start monitoring usage cost, you will need to input your energy cost per kWh and cost unit. For example £0.13/hr and £ respectively. After entering these inputs the app screen will automatically update, you can then see your usage (Time and Cost) and the total Appkettle usage (Time and Cost) within the Energy App screen.
Social Share - Brew Rounds
To share a brew round message, simply select the share button from the main app screen. Then select your desired social media platform from the selection available. If you would like to change the default message in brew round, please refer to the FAQ section on 'Customise Share Message - Social Media'.
To start using the Baby bottle feature. Select 'Features' icon (top right of main app screen) then select 'Baby bottle' on the features app page. Once in the Baby Bottle feature page you then select:
(1) Time - This is time for when the water will have boiled and cooled to 70ºC. Please press the information icon (i) to see guidance on preparing formula amounts and allowable timescales.
(2) Bottle Size - You can then use the bottle size slider to select the bottle size you would like to prepare.
(3) Number of Bottles - Select the bottle quantity you are preparing.
(4) Water Required - Please ensure the approximate water quantity is in Appkettle before the feature time.
(5) Repeat - If you would like to repeat this schedule for other days of the week, please select which day here.
Finally (6) save the feature by using the icon in the top right corner of the app page.
Your Baby bottle is now scheduled.
Please note if you don't leave enough time for this feature to work, it will instead schedule the time for the next day instead e.g. 23hrs 50mins. This is because you have selected a time too close to your current time. Please use the (i) icon next to the 'Time' heading for guidance on using this feature, based on your required bottle size and bottle quantity.
2. App Kettle First Set Up
Setting up Appkettle for the first time
After removing your new Appkettle, the lid and the base from the Appkettle gift box, please read the instruction manual safety and setup instructions. After reading these instructions, you're now ready to set up your Appkettle.
The following is a quick summary to set up your Appkettle:
1) Before plugging the Appkettle base into a power outlet, please remove the Appkettle jug from it's base.
2) Now plug the Appkettle base into a power outlet. The LED display will initially show "000", please wait 3 seconds until the display appears with "- - -", now please place Appkettle empty onto it's base. Your Appkettle is now calibrated for volume measurement, you only need to do this once whilst the Appkettle is plugged into a power outlet.
3) Appkettle is now ready for you to add water and start using it manually. However to connect to WiFi and to begin using the App, please follow the WiFi - First Set Up, FAQ article.
WiFi First Set Up
To connect Appkettle, please follow the in screen app instructions after registering.
These instructions include the following:
1) Plug in your Appkettle to a suitable power socket.
2) Ensure that your WiFi router is switched on and connected to the internet.
3) Connect your mobile phone's WiFi (in settings page) to your WiFi router. Please ensure to select 2.4Ghz (-2G) channel of your WiFi router not 5G.
4) After downloading and registering the Appkettle App, please open the Appkettle App and login to it on your phone.
5) Please select 'add new device', then follow the steps of pressing and holding the WiFi button on Appkettle's base.
6) After several seconds, the Appkettle and the App will connect together.
7) You are now ready to start using Appkettle. Enjoy!
3G/4G Connection Setup
After connecting your mobile device with WiFi to Appkettle, this will automatically activate 3G/4G connection to your Appkettle also. So when you and your mobile device are outside of your WiFi area, you can connect to your Appkettle using your mobile networks 3G/4G through the Appkettle App and cloud system.
3. App Settings
If you have forgot your app password please select the 'Forgot Password' link on the app page.
Then enter and submit your email address that you have registered with.
You will then receive an Appkettle password email into your mailbox, please check in your inbox and junk folder.
Your details will be listed on this email, please use these to log back into the App.
To change password, please see 'Change Password' section of FAQ.
To change your Appkettle login password, please navigate to the App's 'Settings' page (top right icon in the main app screen) then select 'My Account', then 'Password'. Input your old password then the new password you would like, press save and you're all done.
If you have forgotten your password, please follow 'Forgot Password' FAQ article.
Setting up a Passcode for App entry
To setup a passcode for quick App entry and to add further login security, please go into the App 'Settings' (top right icon in the main app page) then -> 'My Account' app page.
You can then toggle this option 'on' and 'off' if required.
Setting up Fahrenheit units in the App
To display Fahrenheit (ºF) units in the App, please go into the App page 'Settings' (icon located in top right of the main app screen) then to -> 'General' app page and then select and save ºF.
Setting up a Default Temperature (Good Use Tip)
If you would like to set up a default temperature, so that you don't have to slide and select the same Appkettle temperature each time, you can do this in the Appkettle App from 'Settings' -> 'General' app page. Scroll down to 'Default temperature' select your perfect brew temperature and then select the save button. Done.
Setting up Keep Warm duration
To set up a keep warm default for your Appkettle, please go to 'Settings' -> 'General' App page. On this page please slide and select how many minutes you would like to save and use. After setting you can then quick toggle on the main app screen with the keep warm symbol when Appkettle is heated above 60ºC.
Setting cup capacity
To set your own specific cup capacities, please go to 'Settings' -> 'General' App page. On this page please scroll down and select your desired cup capacity using the slider, then press the save symbol. This will then automatically calculate and show you how many cups are left in Appkettle from the main app screen.
Brew timer delay
For precision we included a delay timer to start the brew timer. Slide and select to add additional delay up to 10 seconds if required.
Customise Share Message - Social Media
To customise the standard share message from Appkettle to social media, please navigate on the App to 'Settings' -> 'General' then down to 'Customise share message'. After modifying the share message, simply press the save button and it's ready for your next brew round.
Change your Appkettle's Name
To change Appkettle's name, you simply navigate in the App to 'Settings' -> 'General' then scroll and select 'Modify Appkettle Name'. After changing the name, select the save button and it's updated automatically.
Setting volume units to fluid ounces (fl oz)
To change the volume units from ml to fl oz, please navigate in the App to 'Settings' -> 'General' then select "fl oz", and then the save button.
Appkettle Devices Page: Selecting or Adding another Appkettle
If you have more then one Appkettle, please select the Appkettle that you would like to connect to on opening the App. If you are already within the App main app pages, please navigate to 'Settings' then 'Devices' app page. Please wait a moment and then select the Appkettle you would like to connect with.
If you would like to add another Appkettle, on opening the Appkettle App please select 'Add new device'. If you are already within the App's main app pages, please navigate to 'Settings' then 'Devices' app page. Then select 'Add new device'. Follow the instructions and you're good to go.
When you have more then one Appkettle the pairing page will show on opening the App. You can then select which Appkettle to connect with from anywhere*(within WiFi, 3G or 4G signal), anytime.
Volume measurement - Recalibrate
To quickly recalibrate your kettle, remove the kettle from the base. Then press and hold the “+” and “keep warm” buttons. Wait for the beep then replace the kettle onto the base.
Scheduling - Multiple users / two at a time..
Unfortunately to ensure the safe use of Appkettle, we have restricted the number of concurrent schedules to 1 at a time. This means that only 1 schedule or 1 Baby bottle per Appkettle can be saved and be active at any one time. We will review and expand on this feature with future updates.
General WiFi issues - please read and follow these instructions
If you cannot connect to Appkettle, please complete the following steps to resolve the issue:
1) First, please ensure to follow the steps as defined in the App when setting up and the instruction manual.
2) Please ensure that your WiFi router is turned on and is connected to the internet.
3) Please ensure that your mobile device is connected to the correct WiFi router.
4) Please ensure that your mobile device is connected to your WiFi router on the 2G WiFi channel (e.g. VM101010 - 2G) not 5G.
5) Please ensure that password entered into the Appkettle App pairing page is correct.
6) Please ensure the Appkettle, your mobile device and WiFi router have signal in the location you have selected to use your Appkettle.
7) Please ensure that when you press and hold the WiFi button it flashes quickly, then when it is flashing quickly please select the connect button in the app.
8) If the WiFi button doesn't flash when you press and hold, please unplug the Appkettle and try this process again.
9) Please attempt to connect 3 times, using these instructions. If you are still unsuccessful in connecting your mobile device to the Appkettle, please try a 4th time. On the 4th time of connecting the app will notify you to select another Appkettle connection mode. Please select this option and follow the instructions below:
10) AP Mode - this mode is only used if the Appkettle cannot connect with the WiFi router directly due to signal/WiFi issues. In this case, you can select on your mobile device's WiFi settings page the Appkettle unit itself. It will start with AK_ and then a series of numbers e.g. AK_16019229.
11) After selecting the Appkettle in your WiFi settings page, please return to the App and follow the connection instructions.
12 ) After all of these instructions, if you still cannot connect to Appkettle, please contact our support team by telephone or email.
WiFi issues due to Amazon Echo WiFi signal Interference
Please note that we have noticed WiFi interference coming from Amazon Echo and Amazon Echo dot products. If you should have issues with Appkettle and it losing connection with the WiFi router and you also own these products we have found the following removes this issue:
1) Unplug and re-locate your Amazon Echo product slightly to a new area (1m+ away) from it's original location.
2) Plug your Amazon Echo product and set up in a new position.
3) You should now notice no issues with the products.
4) If you should continue to notice issues, please re-try steps 1 -3 and include unplugging Appkettle and re-setting Appkettle up also. You will find that once they are set up with no issues for 24 hours, there will be no issues into future. It is simply a result of WiFi signals from these products creating signal loss in specific locations within your home or office.
If you should continue to have issues with this please don't hesitate to get in touch with email@example.com and we would be happy to help.
Appkettle display is off and it's in off-mode? Why??
Due to the Energy Related Products Directive, smart connected appliances have to go into "off mode" if there is a loss in WiFi signal for greater then 20mins.
If Appkettle's display and WiFi button is all off, this means it has gone into "off" mode. Please do not get concerned if you see this, this has happened due to the following reasons:
1) Your router service provider has updated your router or the router has lost WiFi connection for 20mins. Just switch your Appkettle back on and it will automatically connect back to your WiFi and be good to go! We always recommend you repair Appkettle to your router after it has been updated, so please ensure you do this, to ensure good WiFi connectivity.
2) Appkettle has lost connection to your WiFi router for longer then 20mins - Solution: ensure Appkettle has good WiFi signal and it is not in blind spot of your Router. Unplug and plug your Appkettle back into power, then re-pair. The issue should resolve immediately and not happen whilst in a stable and good WiFi connection.
3) Appkettle has lost connection to your WiFi router for longer then 20mins due to WiFi interference from other smart products connected to your Router. Please see article 'WiFi issues due to Amazon Echo WiFi signal Interference' for more information and how to resolve this issue.
Pouring slow / weak
If pouring is not great from your Appkettle, this is due to their being an air seal with the lid and the filter inside the Appkettle. It usually occurs when the filter builds up in limescale. There is a simple and effective way to remove this issue:
1) Remove the filter from the spout, clean the excess limescale from the filter and clip it back into your Appkettle.
2) Remove the lid and clean around the lid edge and dry it. Then clip it back onto your Appkettle.
Your Appkettle pouring issue should now be solved. If it is not solved please try the final remaining step.
3) The lid can create an air seal within the kettle if it is too tightly fastened. To remove this issue, get a fork and if you look on the side of the lid there is 3 little clip connectors. If you use the fork gently to push the clip connector in, you will ensure to make the lid slightly less tight. This will ensure airflow into Appkettle and it will pour great again!
If you still having issues, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to help.
5. Appkettle's Security and Safety
Safety and security is a number 1 priority for Appkettle:
The Appkettle app and it's communication uses an Advanced Encryption Standard with a 128 bit key size, whilst it also includes Cipher Block Chaining (AES 128-CBC encryption) to prevent unwanted user access and control, this provides comprehensive security for Appkettle's every requirement. The Appkettle website uses SSL encryption for all login and user purchase information, this is the ecommerce standard and it ensures no data could be intercepted as it goes over the network.
In summary - Appkettle's product, App, Cloud system and website is extremely secure and safe from unwanted access.
7. Returns/Warranty Information
For Appkettle Warranty information please refer to https:www.myappkettle.com/warranty.
Appkettle return policy
To review the Appkettle return policy please refer to https://www.myappkettle.com/returns
8. Does Appkettle work with...
Amazon Echo and Amazon Echo dot
Yes. We released and Appkettle Alexa skill in March which is now available for you to link with your Appkettle and Alexa accounts. Please see https://www.myappkettle.com/alexa for more information.
Yes, we released our first Appkettle IFTTT service in July 2017 available to all Appkettle users.
iPhones and Android phones
Yes, the Appkettle app was specifically designed for using your iOS and/or Android mobile devices.
For iOS devices it will require iOS software 8.0 and above. Also it is designed to work with iPhone 4S and later.
For Android devices it will require Android system software of 3.1 and above.
iPad and Android Tablets
Yes, the Appkettle app will work on iPads with iOS software 8.0 and above.
Yes, the Appkettle app will work on Android tablets with android software 3.1 and above.
Yes and no. Your smartwatch will receive all Appkettle notifications (when linked to your mobile device), but currently it will not allow you to control it with your smartwatch. Appkettle currently doesn't have smartwatch dedicated Apps. If you would like us to add this, please get in touch at email@example.com. With enough support we will definitely consider it!
No, Appkettle will not work with HomeKit currently. We wanted to wait and see the adoption of all interoperable IoT systems in the smart home before selecting our preferred solution.
By developing App's for iOS and Android the mobile user still has full autonomy to use Appkettle's features whenever and wherever they have WiFI/3G or 4G signal using the Appkettle App. Currently this was more important in Appkettle V 1.0 then the adoption of an unproven/new smart home standard.
We will constantly review smart home connectivity + interoperability and look to include/update Appkettle's connectivity in the future, when the correct solution is available for both iOS and Android.
No. Unfortunately we have not developed a Windows App for Appkettle yet. Please get in touch (Info@myappkettle.com) if you would like this to happen! With enough requests we will review making it. Thank you.
9. Retailer/Distributor Interest
If you would like to become an Appkettle sales partner. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org we'd love to hear from you
Please contact us on email@example.com for discounted shipping costs and transit times.
Appkettle Delivery Timescales
UK mainland delivery will be within 2-3 working days after your parcel has been dispatched.
Non- UK Mainland, Ireland and International delivery times vary between 3-5 working days after your parcel has been dispatched.
After purchasing your Appkettle, you will receive an order confirmation email.
On this email there will be a tracking code for the courier we use to deliver your Appkettle to you.
Please go to the courier tracking website listed below and enter your tracking code, to monitor your Appkettle's delivery progress:
Multiple order charges/discount
For shipping there is no extra charge for multiple Appkettle orders.
If you would like to buy: 10 or more Appkettle's please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org for multiple order discounts.
Parcel not received
Please contact email@example.com.